Podiatrist In Powder Springs and Lost Mountain, GA
Dr. Alvin Cowans is a practicing podiatric physician, specializing in Foot and Ankle Surgery in Powder Springs, GA located in Lost Mountain.
After obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science & Health Promotion from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida, Dr. Cowans went on to obtain a Master of Science degree at Barry University and thereafter a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine at Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami, FL. Following his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Cowans completed a three-year Podiatric Medicine & Reconstructive Forefoot and Rearfoot Surgical Residency at the Barry Foot and Ankle Institute at Mercy Hospital in Miami.
Originally from Orlando, FL, Dr. Cowans calls Georgia home and enjoys hanging out with family and friends every chance he gets. He enjoys attending sporting events, traveling, comic book movies, fitness, grilling, and spending quality time with his wife and their two daughters.
Dr. Cowans is committed to providing the highest level of care for his patients and considers it a privilege to care for you and your family. Dr. Cowans’ upbeat personality and smiling face are sure to put you at ease during your visit.
Dr. Cowans has a strong fondness for sweet foods, particularly pastries.
- Podiatric Medicine & Surgery Residency | Barry Foot and Ankle Institute at Mercy Hospital
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine | Barry University
- Master of Science, Biomedical Science | Barry University
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science & Health Promotion | Florida Atlantic University
Certifications and Licenses
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery - Board Certified in Foot Surgery
- American Board of Podiatric Medicine - Board Certified
- Georgia Podiatric Medical License
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association
Dr. Cowans specializes in the following procedures:
- Minimally invasive Achilles’ tendon repair surgery
- Minimally invasive bunion surgery
- Minimally invasive hammertoe surgery
- Foot reconstructive surgery
- Plantar fasciotomy
- Ankle ligament repair surgery
- Open bunion surgery
- Open hammertoe surgery
- Open Achilles’ tendon surgery
- Tendon laceration repair surgery